- make more quilts than we could ever use,
- have even more unfinished projects in our cupboards,
- spend our spare moments
- stitching, and
- ironing fabric that we've washed, and
- folding our freshly ironed fabric, and
- then un-folding it, ironing it, cutting it, stitching it, only to:
- iron and stitch it some more!
- we read magazines about it, talk about it with our friends, join guilds to talk and do some more, listen to podcasts about it, then read and write blogs so we can talk and learn even more!
- Many make some extra money teaching, doing long-arm quilting, or more. Lots more don't make money, but... do our part to help support our economy ... with our fabulous habits.
- Well, this list goes on and on about all the things we do in our pursuit of the fabric arts.
There are a lot of sources out there that gives us the opportunity to listen to interviews of the famous, semi-famous, or up-and-coming quilting artists. I want to hear more about us. And I figure, if I want to hear more about us, then maybe YOU want to hear more about us too!
So once a month I'm going to feature someone on my Quilting Stars All Around Report. I will model this interview just like I am
Katie Couric (well, no, I don't like her) so like I am Annie Smith and you are Alex Anderson!
NOTE: I just received this wonderful comment that I really wanted to share with everyone! It's from Gina:
Dionne, please add to your list:- You QUILTERS also INSPIRE people, from all corners of the world!I am a beginner and am learning a little bit everyday... so a big Thank you.