Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Calender Quilt ~ January

My five year old son and I are making a Calender Quilt together. Actually, he's making it and I'm providing the labor! This is a technique from Pat Sloan's 'My Favorite Techniques'


You can read more about the project in the POST when we started this project.


I'm using dryer sheets as the foundation, and each scrap of fabric my son picks out over the course of a week gets sewn into a brick of his design.


At the end of the first month we have four bricks completed; one for every week. He also added a block that he did at an Art festival almost three years ago.






So far his favorite block is this one:






7 comments:

audreypawdrey said...

Such cute pictures! He is going to be so proud of this quilt! You are moving right ahead and on schedule. I am not caught up yet, but I am trying to get there!

Micki said...

How wonderful that you are getting your son into sewing. You should tell him about Ricky Tims and show him what he does. I watch The Quilt Show, and he is so good.
Can't wait to see the final quilt! Thanks for visiting my blog.
Micki

Sara said...

How wonderful for you and your son to spend time together making this quilt. My boys are too "old" for that, and I doubt DH would let them anyways! Those blocks of his are great!

wonderwoman said...

good for him, what a lovely thing to do together!##x

YankeeQuilter said...

What fun project! I can just picture him picking out the strips for each week's block!

em's scrapbag said...

What a great way to spend time together. You will have so many fond memories with this great quilt.

whimzeestitches said...

That looks like a fun and creative project for you both to be involved in! I used to sew with my mom all the time and I would cherish that time once again!