Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Art Auction Quilt - Part Three, The Construction


So the children have finished their blocks on the Art Auction Quilt and now we are in the final stage: Actual construction. Another parent and I are putting it all together.






I love how even the kids that have the same animal totem have come up with a completely different look. In the picture below you can see there are two hummingbirds, three cougars, three owls and three otters.





The fabric we chose for the sashing has a native american themed bear paw design that works very well with the theme of this quilt. The school fundraiser is March 21st, but there is an advanced preview day where all the classroom art projects will be on display in the school library, so we have about a month to complete the quilt.

10 comments:

Micki said...

I really love the art auction quilt. I particularily love the Native American theme,as I worked once on a Navajo reservation.
Micki
In Ireland

audreypawdrey said...

This is looking great! Your classroom will definiteyly have the best art to display. :)

Sara said...

That is such a great idea! And the kids did a great job on their blocks. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Jane Moxey said...

The auction quilt is so wonderful. The kids really did a great job with their colors and how lucky they were that you took the time to do the drawings etc. Perfect fabric for the sashing! Hope the quilt raises lots of funds at your auction!

Medicinehorse7 said...

Hello,

I am a Naitive American and am very diverse in my application of Native design. I have a blog that is exclusive to Native American Art. Perhaps we can network and explore the possibilities together.

Please visit my site and should you choose to follow, i will return the favor and perhaps we can find some very creative applications together,
Thank you and have a nice day.

Libby said...

Those blocks look so cool! This is going to be a really great quilt, and I bet the kids had a lot of fun with it. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

It looks very creative and colourful. The children and yourself are the 'winners'.
Hope they'll raise lots of money at the auction.

YankeeQuilter said...

This is coming along great! Love the theme...

Gina said...

It's going to be fabulous. The children have worked so hard.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Eileen said...

That is so awesome! There are going to be a LOT of bidders on that masterpiece.. every parent is going to want it! I can't wait to hear about it. I hope you take pictures of the auction for us.