Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wonderful Disappearing 9-Patch Quilts:

I really love the disappearing 9-patch pattern. It's so very simple, and can look so well in a variety of fashions, from the well-planned, controlled colors to the completely scrappy. Below are some very nice examples I have seen recently:
  • Snippets of a Quilter The owner of this blog shows a couple of different pattern placements, and some really lovely fabrics. I particularly like how she has demonstrated how different placements change the pattern.
  • Blocks N Swaps Blog - Clever Sophie made a disappearing 9-patch using pieced blocks! This is a nice option that has beautiful results! Take a look!
  • Crafty Mammas Blog - Amber gives the disappearing 9-patch a wonderfully refreshing look by adding sashing and some hand embroidery work!
  • Advanced Embroidery Designs - This site also incorporates embroidery, and has some wonderful close-up shots of the quilting.
  • Quilts & ATCs - Helen has got a great picture along with the tutorial. Actually, this is a great site full-stop. Take the time to look at all the great stuff Helen has posted, you won't be sorry!
  • Audry Pawdry - Actually she has two really great Disappearing 9-Patch quilts that I just love: The first one she calls Fresh squeezed and also this Scrappy Disappearing 9-Patch

I love this pattern, it's among my many favorites. It's so much fun to see the many ways everyone interprets this pattern, how they accomplish it and what beautiful fabrics they use. The web has been such a great resource for strengthening the Quilting community!

Keep Quiltin',

Dionne

3 comments:

audreypawdrey said...

Thanks for posting all these great disappearing nine patch resources! It made me happy to see mine up there with all these other wonderful examples, too.:) Thank you! I am still working slowly but surely on that scrappy one. I made another nine 12" squares this week-still need more, but isn't that always the case.:)

Sharon said...

Thanks for all the links! I love this pattern and it's so much fun to see how different they all look! This one is defintely on my list to do. Now if I just had more time...*sigh*

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I agree this is a great pattern