Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Like a pebble in my shoe!

Ok, this has nothing to do with quilting, but last night I got a call at like 9:06pm…. For a hang up! Criminy! How annoying is that! Here I was, already a little annoyed actually because I was having troubles basting my latest quilt, when the phone rings. I figured it must be important, or at least someone I really want to talk to because only close friends or emergencies call after 9pm.
Well, he/she called back three times! Can you imagine? THREE TIMES!? Did they just get the wrong number? Was it a prank? Really very irritating. Finally, I decided to try this website I had heard about for Phone Number Reporting You can type in the phone number and do a Reverse Lookup, they have a Current List of Most Frequently Reported Phone Numbers, and also you can submit a comment or read other comments submitted. And I’m telling you, forget ‘Desperate Housewives’ this little comment list makes for some interesting reading.

My call turned out to be rather harmless, but there are some real scams out there that I am now more aware of after checking out ReportPhoneNumbers.com

Tonight I plan to get that quilt basted, with NO pestering phone calls.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Similar situation happened to me. I have a friend (known friend) and she has my number on a speed dial on her mobile phone and also it is one of these phones that make a call just saying whatever name or code you registered it with. It happened that late at night, after 11:00 o’clock my phone rings and no one answers or say anything. It is scary! I used another phone to do same as you did and found out. Fortunately for me it was a genuine mistake and an accident making a call without realising it.

audreypawdrey said...

It is so irritating when that happens! I also had no idea such a site existed, so thanks for passing that along, too.:)