Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's almost that time... no, not Christmas


Well, that too, but the New Year is just around the corner! And you know what that means, yup, New Year's Resolutions!

I know, I know, those silly sappy New Year's Resolutions are for suckers. We always make them, we never keep them, blah, blah blah.

Well, call me a silly, sappy sucker, but I'll admit it. I REALLY LIKE New Year's Resolutions. I like taking the dedicated time to take stock in my own short-comings and looking forward to a new year with the hope of great achievements! And, yes, I'll admit it, I love the traditional nature of it all. Everyone does them, or if they don't they complain about other people doing them. But most of all I LOVE LISTS!

It's true, I'm an avid, obsessive list maker. I love making them, reading them, managing them and mostly checking stuff off of them! Sometimes I add stuff to my list that I've already finished, just so I can check it off. Oh, the glory of checking things off your list. And, to my husband's amusement (or is it horror) I'm breeding another in my own image! Yes, my little cricket is a budding list maker, and considering her age and skill she will one day surpass me and be a black-belt ninja list maker!

Ok, so enough of the drama already. For the last week of the year I am thinking deep quilty thoughts. And those thoughts are destined to be listed here on my humble blog. Here is a sampling of what is to come:


  • UFOs – yes, I really want to take stock of what I have going on in my back closet. Although, I know that my UFO list will not be long but only because of my tragic tale of UFOs lost and (some miraculously) found. I plan to be brutal, Everything will be listed and photographed. If it's not completely completed, it's not done!

  • BOOKS – well, quilty books really. Those I want to get (Are you reading this hubby, please take notes) and those I want to read.

  • SKILLS – all those that I am lacking actually; and what I want to learn.

  • And of course, MY RESOLUTIONS! Ahhhh, it brings joy to my heart! Not only do I get to really think hard about this list, but also this is like one big group project. I've got my list and you've got yours. How long did you last – best year? One year I almost made it to February before my resolutions fell apart! But this year, I plan to make it well into MARCH!

5 comments:

Libby said...

I'm thinking about making some quilty resolutions this year to try to help keep me focused for the quilted year to come. I'm not sure what though. I usually do terribly with resolutions, but it still seems like WANTING to change is half the battle...right?

Elaine Adair said...

I ALWAYS make resolutions and aim to get them accomplished. While it seems we don't 'accomplish' a lot, we really do. Just look at al your projects and quilts you've made!

I keep my resolutions reasonable - and have given up on the "lose 25 pounds"! LOL

My goals are, 'try to be more charitable'' 'try to not let problems get me down', etc. TRY is the operative word. 8-)))

Hope your Holidays and New Year is wonderful and pieceful. 8-)

wonderwoman said...

I gave up making resolutions as i either forgot what they were, or never kept to them!!!
hope you all have a lovely christmas and a happy new year!


xxxxx

audreypawdrey said...

I am definitely going to have some quilty resolutions too. I will definitely think of some new ones, too.:) I like lists.

Unknown said...

I also like lists. For this coming year I hope to have my 'new skill' developed and to be able to make a quilt. Lists are good to keep me on track.
Wishing you and your family a Lovely Christmas and lots of achievements for 2009.