Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

UFOM #3 - Flannel Crazy Quilt




It seems that all my 'miracle' finds have been from really early in my quilting career.



This one is a crazy quilt made entirely from flannels. I have all the directions and some templates that I made out of plastic. The directions say you should be a confident beginner or better.




I have a lot of fabric here that is uncut. It seems I wanted it to look very scrappy and not at all patterned, because I have only used the templates that I created on some of the "squares" and on many I just stitched pieces together.



I use the word squares very loosely, as none are in an actual square shape, and the sizes are somewhat nebulous. Aside from the fabric and templates, I do have several "squares" finished, and it looks like I was going for a Queen size quilt.



I also have two ziploc bags stuffed full of more fabric that has been cut according to the templates -- I guess at some point I was planning on using the templates, but then gave up(?) Who knows!



All in all, I think I'll like having this quilt around once it's done (finally) because Flannel should be very cozy. I still haven't acclimated to the cooler climate here.

I love the green, green, green of it all, the beautiful mountains and being surrounded with so much water. But it seems, after two years, I am still constantly cold!

Maybe I'll use wool batting on this one~!

2 comments:

Tamara Lund D.C. said...

OOOOH! I love flannel quilts. What a find. I bet it will end up being one of your favorites.

wonderwoman said...

i love flannel quilts too - sooo cosy to snuggle up to in the winter - puts me in mind of crackling log fires and hot chocolate! the colours are lovely too.

x