Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

International 9-Patch Swap


I signed up for a 9-patch swap, this is a swap that has been organized by a website called Swap-Bot. So it isn't really a Quilt-site per say. And I don't know if any of the people in the swap are quilters, either. But it seemed like it would be fun, and I've never done a 'blind swap' before.


This swap is just for one 12" square of a basic 9-patch, so I figured no harm. Of course, I had to then immediately sign up for a dozen more -- all basic 9-patch swaps. I just posted my first block out to Australia. I know nothing about my 'swapee' except that she likes the color purple.


The way this swap works, the 'robot' determines who swaps to who. So I know who I send to, but not who sends to me until it arrives. Kind of fun. And since it's such a simple square, it won't impact my current obligatory projects or personal UFOs!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds like fun! I hope the block you get is a good one. :0)