Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Quiltmaker Finishes

I recently challenged myself to take two Quiltmaker patterns and finish them in a scrappy style. Two quilts tops in two weeks. It wouldn't have been that bad if I would have been able to take a break from all my other responsibilities.

Still, it was a lot of fun. Here is what I came up with:

First is a controlled scrap quilt. I used all warm, fall colors to make the pattern "Confetti" found in Quiltmaker on page 22 of the March/April '10 issue No. 132.




This second quilt is entirely scrappy. I didn't control the colors in this crib-sized version of the "Sweet Morsels" pattern found in Quiltmaker on page 60 of the November/December '10 issue No. 136.





The really fun thing is that Quiltmaker magazine invited me to work with them on their 2011 patterns. I'll keep you updated as I can!


Cheers,


Dionne

3 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

How fun! I am in awe of how productive you have been...

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love that first quit. Sounds fun.

Linda said...

Hello Dionne- the best UFO quilt to finish is the little guy with the blocks on his chest! Nice to see your quilts! I wish you luck with the UFOs!
Linda- Scrap Squad