Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sadie's Hosting an Around the World Swap


SummerSadie is hosting an Around the World Quilt Swap. It's going to be similair to a 'Round Robin' type of swap and I think it could be a lot of fun. If you'd like to join in, just check out the blog at: Around the World Quilt Swap



Now, I'm a bonafide Swap-aholic. If you haven't participated in a lot of swaps before, let me just give you one warning. Unless a swap is specifically organized otherwise, there are usually a variety of skill-levels involved, be prepared for that. I, personally find it really fun to encourage new quilters and find inspiration from those more experienced! So if you think you might be interested, come swap-a-long!


I'm so happy that Amazon.com is now offering Movies and Shows on Demand. I so rarely have the opportunity to watch television these days, that I only want to watch the shows I like. I am now actively using Tivo to record the shows I like onto my Hard Drive, but that still only allows me to watch the ones that come on that week. Now Amazon.com has even the back shows that I missed. And if you have HD tv, you're in luck, because they have that too!


Technology is so cool! I remember the bad old days of my youth, one tiny little black and white with bunny ears and three channels. I rarely watched TV back then too, but when I did, it was usually not something I would have chosen. I think the only thing I watched regularly was 60 Minutes with my Parents.



Cheers,


Dionne

7 comments:

audreypawdrey said...

The swap sounds like fun! I am loving the new technology too. I love to watch tv shows on hulu.com and movies instantly with netflix while I am sewing. :)

Niena said...

i agree with audreypawdrey, it does sounds like fun. maybe i'll go and look into it and see if i do have something to share with someone somewhere. cheers

wonderwoman said...

oh cheers Dionne - i may go and have a look although i'm not sure if my quilting will be up to scratch!!!

xx

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Everyone come see!

Micki said...

The swap sounds like fun!
Micki

Browndirtcottage said...

Thanks for the swap info AND about the Amazon.com....must check out both!!

Nanette Merrill said...

One of my favorite quilts is TAW.