My tally Overall
-Quilt tops ready to quilt: 2
-Quilts ALMOST ready: 3
-Quilts in progress: 12
-Quilts Not Yet Started: 7 (I really still want to do all of them!)
-non quilt projects: 4 (Just a few little somethings!)
My April Numbers
-Quilt projects added: 1
-Quilt projects finished: 3
-Beginning Projects: 24
-Current Projects: 24
-Projects Finished overall: 8
-Projects Added overall: 8
-Progress Made? Definitely!
Okay, now that we've done the numbers, lets take a look at the Whys and the Whats
Why am I busting my bum (well, at least taking notice anyway) over all these unfinished projects? Because I still want to get them all done. And because I promised myself, as soon as I work through my backlog, I will allow myself to quilt with abandon!
Oh, tra la la la la! Doesn't that sound like a happy-go-lucky dream full of singing birds and sunshine flowers! I am absolutely positive that when I get through my entire 'backlog' list of projects, my list will NEVER fill up again! I mean, really, why would it??
Now lets get down to the Whats!
What am I busting my bum over? Well here it is, in all it's glory!
- Nothing Done this Month
- Quillow Project, so old I barely recognize the fabric
- Flannel Crazy Quilt, it's CRAZY MAN!
- ALMOST DONE Christmas wall hanging ~ it was almost done 10 years ago!
- Really Big Kaleidescope Quilt ~ Does buying a ruler count as progress? Maybe it should be in a different list! (I'll take progress where I can get it) Also, the blocks above are not sewn together yet, I just put them next to each other for the picture!
- Road to California (pictured) ~ perhaps the theme song for this quilt should be the Talking Heads: "I'm on the Road to Nowhere!" But I do like these scrap blocks done in greens and orange!
- '07-'08 Thangles BOM - I made a small error in math on this one and haven't recovered yet!
- Cinder's Best Day ~ poor cinder, I started this quilt when he was still alive. My fluffy little Cinder deserves his best day!
- Garden Path Mosaic Pictorial - Aaaaahhhh, can we say ugly! But my little 2 year old fell in love with it and carried the top around for ever until it started to fall apart and I promised to turn the top into a finished piece ~ she turned 10 this year!
- Ok, seven more that I didn't work on at all, but really why list them all. It's kind of like taking off a bandage really slowly. And do you really want to hear about all those projects anyway? Nah, me either! Let's get onto the fun stuff, the stuff I DID work on!
- Something Done this Month
- Botanical Shop Hop Quilt ~ Top done! Off to the long-arm!
- Old Tobacco Road ~ I did 6 of the 388 2 inch Half Square Triangles I need (progress is progress right?)
- Marissa Pinwheels ~ this is one of those layout nightmares! It looked so easy when Roxanne Carter just whipped it out! I did two more pinwheels.
- 08'-'09 Thangles BOM - I'm doing two colorways, so I did two more blocks. Right on time Woo Hoo~!
- Friendship Star - Yet another monthly swap for me! I did one block and dutifully sent it away! Such a good girl!
- Disappearing 9-Patch - DONE, DONE, DONE! This started out as (another) swap and now its DONE (did you catch that???)
- Lap Quilt Swap IV ~ Finished the top, just have the back to finish. Another BRILLIANT swap that is turning out BEAUTIFUL! Really like this one....
- Gabriella's Baby Quilt - Done, and mailed off!
- Postage Stamp Quilt - I cut a few more itsy bitsy teeny tiny squares. So few, I didn't even bother counting them!
- Cam's Calendar Quilt ~ We finished a few more bricks here. Such a fun project to work on with my little guy!
- Star Gazing ~ This beauty is for my daughter who picked out MODA's Sweet fabric. I'm going to do this Quilt-As-You-Go and so I did a few more blocks and cut out 100 8" batting squares!
- Mini-Cupcake Quilt - This was an inpromtu mini little mini that was a fun intro to applique. Gonna have to do more applique!