Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sisters Quilt Show - Part Two

Here is the Lap Quilt Swap IV that I made as part of the Lap Quilt Swap. You can't see it on this picture, but all the participants were listed on this tag, and on the label sewn into the back:


Here is the front of this spectacular quilt. It was such a great swap! I was really pleased with the results. I'll have to get a better picture to highlight all the blocks. I try to do that next week.

Blocks for this quilt were made by me, by QuiltDad, Quilty the Libster, Stitchalicious, Rita, Whoopdedoo, Oh That Ashley, AudreyPawdrey, and several others that don't have blogs.




There was a fabulous display of 'postcard' sized quilts that were on silent auction.



I can't remember what it was a fundraiser for, but there were several that were spectacular.




I bid on several but won none. They were all wonderfully matted and framed.









There was also a block competition.




Anyone interested is eligible to participate. This year the parameters were to use only solid colors.




There were probably forty or more entries.








This adorable giraffe baby quilt was one of the ones for sale.














This vintage quilt was also for sale ~ its the same one I posted yesterday, but I promised I would post a close up of the fabrics.

I think all of the squares measure 1 inch or maybe 1.5 inches.



Cheers,

Dionne

8 comments:

antique quilter said...

thanks for posting the close up I would have never thought it was these fabrics I thought the quilt was more from the 1800's rather than early 1900's
wow
love the black fabric in there adds a lot to the quilt
thanks!
Kathie

Libby said...

Awesome! The quilt looks so great, and I love that I had a teeny tiny part in the show. Thanks for sharing the pictures and the experience.

YankeeQuilter said...

Love how the quilting shows up with the sunlight shining through! Those blocks are amazing....

Simply Sandy said...

This turned out great. Love the way you put it on point! Did you quilt it yourself?

audreypawdrey said...

It is beautiful! I love how it all turned out and the quilting is wonderful. This was such a fun swap to be a part of! The quilt show pictures are great.:)

Miri said...

The swap quilt is lovely...I am totally awestruck by the quilting-are those feathers over the pieced blocks?!! Wonderful!

Thanks for the close-up of the vintage postage stamp-very interesting!

beth said...

i entered a quilt in the sisters show, but was unable to go (a friend got married that day) Thanks for posting pics of quilts and the block challenge. Where's the picture of MY quilt...:)

Laural said...

OMG That's Awesome! You did such an amazing job on your quilt!!!