Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

If I were ever....

... to start my own quilt shop. Which I wouldn't because a bricks and mortar store with three kids and a handsome hubby (HH) would drive me around the twist!

But, if I were ever to open my own quilt shop I think I would call it 'At Piece' Because that is all I'm ever looking for... a little piece.

As in.... to find beautiful big pieces of fabric, cut them up into wonderful little pieces of fabric, to think about all my lovely pieces and all the spectacular ways I can piece them together... to sew my pieces, and sometimes even pull them out (or un-sew as my child says). And then, to think about them some more... thinking and playing with my brilliant little pieces of fabric!

Yes, most days, as my life whirls around me in a fabulous vortex of diapers, homework, housework, dinners, sports and recitals all I'm ever looking for is a little piece.

6 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Yay...found your blog! Thanks for the link! Great blog and I gotta tell you, I just love your quilts AND your son's temp tattoo! So cute!
Regina

Pattie D said...

Hey,
Cute blog! Love the name of "your quilt store" very cute. Your daughters quilts were fabulous, I really liked the one she made for the baby...
I agree the tattoo was awesome, almost tempted me to get one just like it...
I will add you to my blog list.
tricia

Candace said...

I think that you are going to love blogging. I've been blogging about 4 months now, and it is one of my favorite things. There are so many wonderful quilters who blog. You have made a great start, and I like your quilt shop name and views. Like the others, I admire your quilts, your daughters quilts, and your sons tattoo.

Andrea said...

You are coming up as no-reply when you commented on my blog so I can't email you directly. The earrings you enquired about were just from a small local jewellers and were actually the last pair. The owner does not know if she will be getting any more :-( I will certainly keep an eye out for them. Have a good day xx

swooze said...

The old mystery webring has closed down. Go here to sign up for the mystery ring currently being used http://mysteryquilterswebring.blogspot.com/

Sunny said...

I think that would be a great name! My dream is to own a brick and mortar quilt shop one day...