Month four uses four fabrics: cream for the background color, burgundy, green and light pink.
I like the star within a star look to it.
- Four large flying geese in Burgundy/Background, Four large flying geese in Green/Background
- Four small flying geese in Burgundy/Pink, Four small flying geese in Green/Pink
- 10 2 1/2" squares for the cornerstones and centers
- 8 1 1/2" squares for the cornerstones
1. Draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of the four small 2 7/8" squares.
2. With right sides together place 2 small squares in oposit corners of the large 5 1/4" background square. Stitch 1/4" on either side of the drawn line.
3. Cut on the center line and press the small triangles away from the large triangle. You will end up with an angular heart.
4. Place another small square on the remaining corner of the large triangle (heart shape unit) and stitch 1/4" along either side of the center line. Cut and press.
Two large flying geese units that measure 2 1/2" by 4 1/2"
I think it was Eleanor Burns who first introduced this method. But I've been using it for years. The final blocks for the BOM are 8 1/2"