Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Kim Brandt's Beautiful Spinout!

Kim Brandt is on the Scrap Squad with me and she does some really beautiful work.  I wanted to show you all the work she did on the Spinout pattern.

Kim got right down to brass tacks when she shared her thoughts about Spinout. I loved what she had to say and maybe you will, too:

“While making Barbara Cline’s Spinout I got to thinking about how my quiltmaking has changed over the years. In the old days, if everything was not perfect I would redo it, or unsew it and start again.

“Then I got to thinking about being a perfectionist. Was it helping me enjoy my favorite pastime? No, it was robbing me of the joy I had while creating at my sewing machine. So now I enjoy the process a lot more by letting my errors be a part of my creation.



To read more about Kim's work on this quilt read Quiltmaker's Quilty Pleasures Blog.
Also, check out Kim's Blog.

Cheers,

Dionne

No comments: