Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Good Things on the Homefront!






My good friend Maria sent me a wonderful package that included gifties for myself and both of my girls!



Plus a bonus mag from Australia.



My girls got beautiful wrist warmers that were hand-knit by Maria in their favorite colors.



I wanted to take a picture of the warmers (which I will as soon as I can get them to stand still long enough). My girls promptly put them on, then waved good-bye. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the teen years!



BTW Maria, my girls are the envy of all their friends now! My Cricket loves to be the first in her class to try/start a new fashion. Nobody else has hand-made wrist warmers from England!

Maria also sent me a wonderful packet of fabrics! Thank you!







And my oldest finished another quilt. She did the entire thing on her own, from picking fabrics to doing the 'self-binding'. In the past I've always helped her pick out the fabrics. That was always fun for me, but she is exerting more Independence and honestly it's both comforting and scary.



She's very excited because she is entering it into the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.

She named this quilt Baby Blues. It's hard to tell but the lightest squares are a pale blue plaid, the border is a teal blue and the alternate squares are a yellow and green plaid.

5 comments:

Niena said...

Greeting Dionne, nice blog u hv hear. Wud luv to continue reading n following ur blog. Just simply to share and to learn. Cheers

Sara said...

I like your daughters quilt! My boys are teens and they are fun, but yet give me a headache some days! LOL! I hear girls are worse than boys though in the teen years!
Hope she does well at the quilt show! Good Luck to her!

YankeeQuilter said...

That is one of the quilt shows on my "Someday" list! I hope she does well...how fun!

Ruth said...

That's great that your daughter is quilting on her own! I plan to visit Sisters, OR in about a week as we will be on vacation in Oregon to visit family. Some day I hope to go to the quilt show too!

Jan said...

Oh isnt your daughter clever ,not many kids want to sew these days I think it is wonderful ,I love her choice of colours ..love Jan xx