Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pat's Christmas Spinout

My friend Pat made a christmas quilt.  First I wanted to share with you this beautiful picture of Pat.


Pat made a wonderful Christmas quilt. I love how the golds and greens and reds work so well in this scrappy quilt!


This is how the Quilty Pleasures blog begins:
I was so excited when I got the first glimpse of Pat’s Spinout because I knew you would love it. We all have Christmas fabrics and excess reds and greens we bought when the Spirit of the Season moved us. Pat has given us the perfect way to use them up, even the littlest bits. Pat shares her thoughts:

“I was really excited about this particular project, because I just love paper piecing! My only problem was deciding which scrappy theme I would choose. I decided I needed to use scraps that stood out as a definite color such as ‘’predominantly red’’ or ‘’predominantly blue,’’ as I knew there had to be contrast between each pinwheel. I almost went with black/white/red/yellow.
To read more go to Quiltmaker's Quilty Pleasures Blog, and check out Pat's Blog as well.
Cheers,

Dionne

No comments: