Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quiltworks NW Summer Quilt Challenge

Last night I was so tired, I went to bed shortly after my 4yr old son, and slept right through until he woke me up at 5:40am. I got a great night's sleep! I did, however want to get started on my latest inspiration.

Every so often, I think quarterly... or seasonally perhaps, my local quilt shop (Quiltworks Northwest http://www.quiltworksnw.com/ ) runs this challenge. I've never participated before. Well yesterday I was driving down the freeway and all of a sudden I had this inspiration... I made a few sketches while cooking dinner. But I was so tired that I didn't have the time to work on it any more than that. Here is the challenge:

"Quiltworks SUMMER CHALLENGE due August 31st - We've selected a fabric and wrapped it in a brown paper bag. All you have to do is be creative! Come in anytime between May 1st and August 20th, purchase a Fat Quarter of the contest fabric for $2 and use it in your entry [the FQ is wrapped in the bag and you can't see it until you've committed!] All entries must be at least 48", but not more than 160" in totral perimeter measurement, and must be in keeping with the theme, "Summer Fun: Sink or Swim" Please submit with your quilt a short explanation of how your entry is in keeping with the challenge Theme and your contact information. Winning entries will hang in the shop so every can admire their wonderful creativity. The grand prize is a $100 Quiltworks Northwest gift certificate."

The picture is of the challenge fabric. Not something I would normally choose for myself. So? I think I know what I am going to do. But if anyone has any great ideas, I would love to hear them!

No comments: